Construction will commence shortly on the Monkstown Village Traffic Management Improvement Scheme. In advance of this I will be hosting an information evening for residents and stakeholders at 7:30pm on Thursday 6th April in St. Patrick’s Parish Centre, Monkstown.
In summary, the scheme includes:
- Raised signalised and uncontrolled pedestrian crossing points
- A raised area in the centre of the village
- Two way section in front of the Church of Ireland Church
- One way (and left only) in front of Goggin’s Pub
- One way on Clifton Avenue (towards the sea)
- Build-outs to slow vehicle turning movements
- Narrowing of the carriageway through the village
- Additional parking on Clifton Avenue
- Upgraded surfaces
The contractor is proposing to construct the scheme to completion in sections of about 30-50m at a time before moving on to the next section. This should minimise disruption but will require longer to build. Most of the works can be done without using stop / go.
If you have any queries please do not hesitate to get in touch.